Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Prayer Requests

Our wait for Gracie has been so hard but at the same time God has been so faithful. Yes, we wish he would just swoop down and change our circumstances but instead he has taken care of us through them. I think back the to April when we first accepted Gracie's referral how my heart ached to see a picture of her smiling. Just a few days later on Easter Sunday, in such a miraculously random way, I found pictures of Gracie laughing in a hospital bed as she awaited surgery on her palate and smiling while holding her foster Dad's hand in the elevator. God knows our needs. I think about how hard the wait has been but it doesn't compare to how hard it would have been if we had not found out Gracie's palate had been repaired. I also think of all of the other answered prayer. Of having pictures of her foster parents and bother, the swine flu outbreak and all of her progress in speech since surgery. I know it is cliche but... Life is hard but God is good.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys - is Gracie her name now? We missed that along the way! Love it, hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete