Thursday, May 27, 2010

8 months home

Hi all. I just wanted to take a break from the all of the medical posts! Gracie has been home for about 8 months. She is doing so well. We just love her to pieces. We have to remind ourselves of her background at times because she has just become part of the family. I caught myself telling the pediatrician how this or that doesn't run in my family. Oh.. that is right... what difference would that make... she is adopted! I think about how God knew all along that she would be in our family. How He saw the day she was born and each day afterward. I pray that in heaven I am able to "rewind the tape" and see each day of her life we missed. I pray that she knows that she was fearfully and wonderfully made and that God has a good plan for her life. She is such a joy. A strong-willed and determined joy! I love that about her. Most days=) She is so helpful. She RUNS to get things or to clean up and she works so diligently. She is so obedient. I think about all the million things that had to fall into place to bring her home and it is truly a miracle. I often think about the fact that we had a choice whether or not to adopt her and it sends chills down my spine. To think we could have missed this! Thank God we didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment