Sunday, April 5, 2009

Love Without Boundaries

After we accepted the referral I was reading more closely through her files and noticed that an organization called Love Without Boundaries funded her foster care. I was having bad thoughts about what her foster home might be like, probably just fearing the worst. I thought I would look up Love Without Boundaries to see what they were all about. I sat sobbing uncontrollably as I read about how they screen foster homes and managers in China visit with the children every month and make sure that all of their needs are being met. You see, knowing that your child is out there and not being able to get her for months is so hard to take. This news was so valuable to me. I also read that they do monthly updates and pictures and that we could have all of these once she comes home. To have this bit of history for her is so amazing. Most adopted children from China have so little information about their lives in China. It is sad that we cannot access this information now because of child protection laws but we are so glad that we will have it for her in the future. I contacted the director of their foster care program and she emailed me right away telling me how excited she was that she has been adopted and that she chose the name Faith for her to be represented to her sponsors. There is a couple in the US who sponsors her foster care monthly. It is very strange to think that someone out there is getting monthly updates about our daughter and we cannot but we thank God for these people who made it possible for our little girl to be cared for over the last year. I will never view child sponsorship the same again. If you are someone who sponsors a child without thinking much of it, think again! We can't wait to sponsor a child's foster care through this program!

No comments:

Post a Comment