Tuesday, April 14, 2009

UNBELIEVABLE NEWS!!!

I, Casie, happened to randomly meet this lady on a blog that ended up telling me that our daughters cleft palate was fixed! We could not believe that it could be true but we found a website with pictures! A wonderful doctor from the states did 6 days of surgeries in China as part of a cleft exchange program to help teach Chinese doctors how to perform cleft surgeries. We certainly may have more procedures/surgeries in the future but this is a BIG one! This means she will not have to undergo surgery soon after she comes home! She can just get settled in. This is an amazing blessing. They did her surgery on Rob's birthday! What a belated birthday gift this was! It also was such an answer to prayer. Her referral pictures were so expressionless. This was really hard for me. I just couldn't picture her smiling or laughing or playing. I was praying for a picture of her smiling. It seemed like a hopeless prayer but the night we found out about her surgery the first picture we identified was our little girl laughing in the hospital bed! The caption read that she was entertaining everyone before it was her turn on the operating table! I can't tell you what that moment was like for me. God is taking care of so many details and is calming even the silliest of our fears. We are amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment